How to find us
GPS S14° 01′ 48″ E34° 49′ 58″
Contact us for any transfers.
Cape Maclear is 3 hours from Lilongwe and 4 hours from Blantyre by road. Or if you are coming from Monkey Bay, its just a 30 minute drive.
From either Lilongwe or Blantyre side:
- Take the Road to Monkey Bay, there are signs along the way.
- 5Km before Monkey Bay there is a turnoff to the left, at the One stop filling station, towards Cape Maclear. Take the turn off, it is a gravel road that becomes tar again after about 5 km.
- Before the gate there is a gravel road that turns right. Take this road.
- After 1km you will find a white building on the left hand side, this is Thumbi view lodge
There are various ways to get to Cape Maclear.
The Axa bus leaves daily bus from Lilongwe and Blantyre to Monkey Bay. Estimated cost is around 9$ depending on the exchange rate.
From Monkey Bay you will find:
- Matolas (on the back of a pickup, that charge about 1500 Mkw (4$) for a one way trip)
- Small motorcycles (Also around 1500Mkw)
- Minibus taxis (Around 2000Mkw (5$)
- Private rented vehicle (10000Mkw (25$)
Rent a vehicle
Vehicle rental is expensive in Malawi. The price of petrol is around 2$ per litre. Some of our clients use Best Car hire, you can contact them on +265 888875117.